PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, February 26, 2016

Handmade Backgrounds

I had a spare moment or 20 and decided to check out what all the hubbub was about making your own backgrounds with alcohol inks. I used some palette paper and squeezed a coupe drops of different colored inks on. After spraying lightly with water, I started pressing some pieces of glossy paper from my stash onto the palette paper.
Look at all the pretty papers I created! I especially like the large piece-so many possibilities there. I took one of the smaller pieces and created a card (shown above) using a freebie from Miss Rach. After coloring with Copics, I fussy-cut this little cutie. Before placing him on the card, I used a white gel pen and helped define some of the coral reef areas. After I set my tortoise to swimming, it was an easy matter to embellish with fibers, lace, charms and a spray of pearls. I think the sentiment is perfect for my card, don't you?

I try and stretch my comfort zone often enough to keep me on my toes. How about you? If you haven't already, I hope you get to try to make your own backgrounds, whether from alcohol inks, photography or other media.
Challenges I am Entering:
Alphabet challenges - Z is for Zoo Animals 
Through the Purple Haze - Make a Scene
Fan-tastic Tuesday challenges - Anything Goes w a Twist: Animals
Tuesday Throwdown challenges - Create Your Own Background
Crafting When We Can - Use a Digital stamp
Cre8tive Hands Friends challenges - Use a digital image

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I love your card and the papers you created are lovely.

Thank you for sharing your card on Cre8tive Hands Friends.

Have a wonderful day.

Ardilla said...

Great card!!!
I am learning at doing backgrounds and I love yours... great inspiration for me :)
Thanks for showing it at Cre8tive Hands Friends.
Ardilla

Anna said...

Great card!! :) Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck in the challenge.:)
Hugs Anna

Peggy T. said...

Great card. Love the sentiment. Thanks for taking the challenge with us at the Mod Squad Challenge

Peggy T.
Mod Squad DT

CraftyGirl said...

Lovely project, I am very glad you entered this week at Tuesday Throwdown. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
Tuesday Throwdown DT

Jackie Maunder said...

I love your beach scene and it looks like you had lots of fun creating beautiful backgrounds. Thanks for entering the Make A Scene challenge at TTPH this fortnight, Jackie DT x