PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, June 6, 2014

Watering My Crafting World

I added two more pages to my water color art journal today, and wanted to share them with you.
I created a blue green background and experimented with the paint while it was wet by pressing my finger numerous times onto the page. Since my journal is around 6x9, I cut my dry painting in half.

I used versamark ink and embossing powders and stamped a QKD image of a headphone-wearing fairy in the corner, embellishing with another stamp of musical notes. Some Washi tape, a sticker, and a floral stick complete the embellishments, while alpha stickers complete my sentiment, "Music Lifts my Soul."

For my second page, I decorated my pages completely with stamping and embossing. The stamps are from IndigoBlue, the ink is the VersaMark Dazzle ink, and I used Stampin Up Clear Glitter, white and purple embossing powders. I used green flocking powder on the flora at the bottom of the page.

I usually don't use powders often in my crafting, but I really like the way it looks on the heavyweight watercolor paper. The sentiment reads, "Live every moment, Laugh every day, Love beyond words."

I am really enjoying experimenting in water colors, and just won a certificate for free tuition for a non-credit class at the community college in town. Maybe I'll take an art class!!

Meanwhile, it's ANYTHING GOES at Art by Miran.See you there!

2 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Such a wonderful creation with great attention to detail. Love the colours and embellishments. All the elements work so well together. It is perfect for our seventh ‘ANYTHING GOES’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
Hugs
Desíre
{Art by Miran Showcase DT Member}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Tracey M said...

Another beautiful creation, Pat! Love the colour on this one.
Thanks for joining us in our Anything Goes Challenge at Artbymiran and good luck!