PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, October 26, 2012

To Have and to Hold

So I was so busy creating some baskets for the wedding ceremony that I forgot I had to create a card for the bride and groom!  I had some time last night and got inked up and sparkly, and thought I would do the same to some paper-haha!!
I cruised Pinterest for some inspiration and chose a few styles from which to make my final choice.  The one I went with was originally created by Ashatanka and her inspiration card is at the end of my post.
Meanwhile, I chose to start with a cream colored textured cardstock and used distress ink in Faded Jeans by Tim Holtz.
I inked the edges of a piece of vintage music sheet snagged at an estate sale and covered half the card.  Where the two designs meet in the middle, I added some flourish bling and several white and cream colored roses.  A 3D sticker of a key finishes off the front.
On the inside, I printed out a quote also found on Pinterest about how a couple should treat marriage, again embellishing the page with some inked up music sheet.  On the "signature" side, I stamped a sentiment and added some bling and another key sticker.
The real test for this project was creating an envelope think enough to hold my chunky card.  Out came my Ultimate Tool from Crafters' Companion and the Envelo-Boxer piece and voila!
I scored and folded and glued this box together after covering it in more pieces of music sheets, not only inking them but adding some ModPodge and very fine glitter.  The white and cream fibers that I tied off in a bow are just for the presentation.  A piece of velcro at the envelope's edge keeps it closed.
The wedding is tomorrow night, and except for figuring out what to wear, I am set!!
Here is the original inspiration card:



No comments: