PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, May 23, 2011

New Week, New Challenges!

Today's card is inspired by a Squigglefly digi image called Daily Twitter that you can get FREE HERE.
They post weekly challenges on Mondays, and this week their challenge is to use paper piecing on your project. I have just discovered paper piecing and am loving it! Oh, the different variations you can get when you paper piece is unbelievable!! On this card, I printed the image onto both white cardstock and on a small piece of leftover paper (never throw away anything bigger than 2 inches is my credo). I had just enough to cut out a piece for the background of my card as well. I used a paper doilie and another leftover piece of patterned paper to frame out my little birdie. She's actually three layers of image. Then I added a jewel and some wire for her legs and tail and her eye. The sentiment is from a Stampin Up set, inked with CTMH Star Spangled Blue ink pad. I prettified my leftover buttons with some Martha Stewart Grossgrain bows, which I colored to match the colors on my card, using Copics: B95 and G21 (I used Y17 on her beak and marvelous plumage). No extra bling, shine or glitz--I only had time for a simple, easy card today. It took me all of ten minutes from printing the Squigglefly image to uploading a photo of the finished card!
Now it's your turn! Do you have an extra ten minutes to spare? Go to Squigglefly Challenge Blog and check out this week's inspiration from the design team and try your hand at this week's challenge!

2 comments:

Holly Young said...

Your card turned out just darling Pat! I love how you used wire for the legs. that's such a creative idea. Thanks for playing ins Squigglefly's challenge this week!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Really love your card with this image!! Beautiful layout and excellent take on the challenge too!! :) Such a beautiful creation!! Glad you found us! Thanks so much for joining us at the Squigglefly Challenge this week! Smiles, *Vicki* ~ Squigglefly Team Leader