PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, May 6, 2011

Living the Good Life


Our school is losing a fine coach to retirement, and his party is tonight. Talk about waiting until the last minute!! I knew I had this Hambo Stamps digi-image in my growing Hambo collection, and thought it would be a perfect image for a Congratulations card.
I used Paper Trey cardstocks in coordinating colors to frame out my front and inside card faces. The patterned paper is called "Fish Wishes" from Paper Pizzazz. I stamped the sentiments from a Stampin Up set with CTMH Black ink.
The image is the most fun to work with! I printed my cool pool cat twice on white cardstock, once on tellow and once on patterned paper. I colored my image with Copics: YR02,61; Y15; RV13; R29 & G21
I pieced the colored image together with the patterned paper, all on top of a layer of yellow cardstock. Altogether there are three layers to him! I am fairly new to paper piecing and have been having a BLAST with this technique.
I hope my good buddy Vic will like the card. I know he will like the gift card to Home Depot that will go inside of it!!
This card is the first of many I plan on making this weekend in celebrtation of National Scrapbooking Day! So get out your supplies, lock the doors and craft to your heart's content!! And go check out Your Scrapbook Place Blog for some challenges and prizes!

No comments: