PagesPat's Ponderings

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happt Nat'l Scrapbooking Day

Happy National Scrapbooking Day! My life has been very busy since the first of the year-family issues, work schedule-that I have not scrapbooked since the first of the year! OMG, I hadn’t counted the time until just now! How could I have left off all those lovely memories in the form of photos, keepsakes and notes?!
My day was again very busy, having five places to go in one day and all at practically the same time. But I managed to steal minutes (yes, I said minutes) in my craft room here and there, and made a card and two layouts. Not much—I would have fared better if I had been able to go to a crop and devoted all my time to my craft—but it’s all I had, and thankful for even the smallest amount of time.
The first page is this year’s Easter Day. My granddaughter and her mom came for breakfast, and of course Bella had to hunt for the Easter eggs she had colored that Friday night for the bunny to hide! I used My Mind’s Eye and Cosmo Cricket patterned papers; Paper Trey cardstock in Hawaiian Shores color; hand punches for the flowered journaling; teal ribbon from EK Success; and foam Easter embellishments. The journaling is handwritten.
The second layout is from the last Girls’ Day Out with my sisters and mom, when we drove up to Port Washington. We had to edit our plans because the car started sputtering as we got off the highway and by the time we got off the exit and pulled into the Wal Mart parking lot, it shuddered its last breath. It was after noon on a Saturday, and we were all wondering if we would have to stay until Monday to get it fixed. Luckily, there was a dealership next door. Not only did they stay open until the car was fixed, but they gave us a loaner to use until we could pick it up!
I use an 8x8 album for the Girls’ Day Out trips. I cut a burgundy file folder to use as the background base, and blew up a photo of the wine rack of our fave winery, Vines to Cellar to use as patterned paper. The journaling is on diecut wine goblets, and I made homemade “wine glass charms” out of round paper clips and Nostalgiques Alphas from EK Success. The butterfly sticker is from Multicraft Corp.
I wish I had had more time to craft, but maybe since tomorrow is Mother’s Day, I’ll get more time to do what I love the most. Lord knows I have enough photos to keeop me scrapping for YEARS!!!

No comments: