PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, September 16, 2019

Two Weddings and a Shower

Today I made a wedding card for my sister's son-in-law and his bride-to-be. The digital image is from A Day for Daisies called "I Do". After coloring the happy couple with Copics, I cut it in an oval and attached lacy trim for a border. After adhering this to my card front, there was very little room for embellishments other than a few jewels in the corners.
The family lives in Germany so I used my two semesters of German language classes (and a little help from Pinterest) for the greeting on the front of my card... 
...a "loose" translation of a quote from Maya Angelou for the upper inside
(A successful marriage requires one to fall in love many times,
always with the same person)...
...and a congratulatory wedding sentiment on the bottom inside. I think the couple will understand what I've written. Well, if not, at least they will know who it's from!

I'll post the shower and wedding card I made for one of my "all grown up" Girl Scouts at a later date. This card was needed for my trip to Germany,and the others for my return.
Challenges I am Entering:
 Classic Design Team Open Challenges - Anything DT Goes
Leann's World 101 - Anything Goes
Love to Craft - Anything Goes
Your Scrapbook Place -Anything Goes
World Wide Open Design Team - Anything DT Goes

4 comments:

Gale said...

Beautiful creation! Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Gale DT for  http://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at LTCC, good luck!!! Amy DT

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

I love this. Gorgeous image and wonderfully designed project. Loving the touch of lace around the frame. Nice work. Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/




Maria Nicotra Tinyworks said...

Wow Beautiful card thank you for joining us at the Le Ann's World 101 Challenge
DT Maria