PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, January 21, 2019

Inspired while on the Path of Positivity

What inspires you to  create? Is it the list of challenges on Paper Play? A new image from your favorite store? A favorite quote, a catchy tune or something someone says to you in passing?
When I started crafting, I met a great woman online who inspired me to explore more than I was doing at the time. My style exploded, my techniques expanded and suddenly my comfort zone had no boundaries.

Her name is Holley Barnhart, and if not for a brilliant surgeon, she would not be around to share and inspire anyone, let alone me! So once a year she celebrates her "new life" with a blog bonanza. I am so happy for her, and so happy that she is in my life. Thank you Holley.

The Path of Positivity is always pointing the way toward positivity, acknowledgment and encouragement. This month's optional theme at the challenge blog is INSPIRATION. What better way to feature this theme than by using a unique, limited image from Ike's Art called "Holley's Brain."

I created a mixed media canvas with whatever I could find in my scrap pile that I felt matched Holley's personality and soul. Then I took a picture of it and mailed it to her as a thank you for helping me become the artist that I am today.

In order to be considered eligible for this month's prizes at the Path of Positivity, ALL creations must be positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some nature. Prizes this month include:

A $15 gift certificate from Ike's Art, our guest sponsor for this month, for a person chosen in a random draw based on all qualifying entrants.
ONE image (value of $5 or less) from Scribbles Designs, for the post or project that the team deems most inspiring of the bunch based on all qualifying entrants.
One digital image from Creative Bug Digital SnapShots for each person chosen as a DT Delight.

Challenges I am Entering:
Bleeding Art - Anything Mixed Media Goes
Not Just Cards - Anything Goes
Rhedd's Creative Spirit - ANything Mixed media Goes
Splashy Mix - ANything Goes

9 comments:

ike said...

Such an amazing tribute to a very brave, inspiring friend :-D
Thank you for using my image and it is a pleasure to Sponsor you all.
Mega hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous, thank you for joining us over a Bleeding Art.
Hugs
Linda xxx
Bleeding Art DT

Judy McKay said...

Lovely project. Beautiful tribute. Thank you for joining us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit. Hope to see your inspiring artwork back here again soon. Judy DT

Jenny L said...

Hi Pat,
what a gorgeous creation such beautiful layers and your gorgeous heart in the background.
Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

Cathy F said...

Great idea for a canvas - and lots of layers! Thanks for joining us at Bleeding Art!

Shylaashree said...

You are kind to create a beautiful canvas for your friend. Good luck to you.Thanks for playing along with us at Splashy Mix Challenge.Hope to see you again

Shylaa
Founder @ Splashy Mix challenge
Adhiraacreations
Splashy Mix Challenge

Judy McKay said...

Lovely project. Great details on your canvas. Thank you for joining us at Splashy Mix Challenges this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

Cards by Beckie said...

A lovely card. Thank you for sharing at MAWTT. Beckie x

Katie said...

Beautiful card and thank you for joining us at the Bleeding Art Challenge