PagesPat's Ponderings

Thursday, January 10, 2019

Give Peace a Chance

I was inspired today to  create a Christmas card for  my 2019 stash, which was depleted last month. I absolutely adore this digi image from A Day for Daisies. It's called Placing the Stars
http://adayfordaisies.com/stamps/fairies-nymphs/placing-the-stars and I've used it before.
Today I colored my image with Copics, adding some shading with colored pencil. I've been doing this often now, using both markers and pencils to get a deeper depth tp my images. I used 2 patterned papers from Decosse's Dynamite Doodles for my background from these Paper Sets:
I printed out my image (with its blue background) twice, cutting out the image and the patterned paper bow and adhering them to the first layer with dimensional tape.
Then I popped it  all on a piece of cardstock with stitched edges. To finish off my card, I gave the ribbon, angel wings and edges of the blue frame some shine with Stickles. I had some extra tiny stars die-cut from a border die. My sentiment goes (I think) perfectly with the image: Star light, Star bright, A wish for Peace on Earth tonight. If only...

Challenges I am Entering
ABC Christmas - Anything Christmas Goes
Cute & Crafty Christmas - Anything Christmas
the Sisterhood of Crafters - Make It Sparkle (gold & Stickles)
City Crafters - Give Peace a Chance (paper-pieced bow)

3 comments:

Darlene said...

So very pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Make It Sparkle’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

Lucille K said...

Beautiful Christmas card. Thank you for joining us at City Crafter :)

Zw@@n said...

Beautiful card, Pat. Lovely colours and image. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma