PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Another One Bites the Dust

My stash of Christmas cards took a hit last year, so I'm using any excuse to create Christmas cards on my blog. LOL This card uses a digi image from Sparkle n Sprinkle called Winter Flamingos Set 1. I love these wacky birds. I used this image for my DT make at the 12 Months of Christmas earlier this month.

Today I brought the snow to the tropics, not only with my flamboyant friends, but with some added greenery. I made some "faux snow" by rubbing 2 Styrofoam balls together to create white flakes (homemade flocking), and used Liquid Pearls to shimmer up the giant snowflakes and the birds' hats. I drew tiny snowflakes in the upper right corner and sprinkled some crystal fine glitter from Stampin' Up there, on the large snowflake and on my palm trees.

As far as the status of my card stash goes, there's an epic song by Queen that says it all:

Challenges I am Entering:
Always Fun - Anything Goes
Addicted to Stamps - Christmas
52 Christmas Card Throwdown - Colouring
Craftyhazelnuts Christmas - Use Patterned Paper
Hiding in My Craft Room - Any Holiday!
Brown Sugar - All Creatures & Double Trouble with:
Double Trouble - 3 Colors & Image
Crafty Catz - Christmas
Sparkle n Sprinkle -Anything Goes w/glitter, embossing powder, flocking

9 comments:

Jessica K said...

This is totally adorable! I love how you made the homemade flocking! What a great idea :) Thabk you for joining us this month at SparkleNSprinkle Creative Challenges!

Jess

Shona Erlenborn said...

Such a fun creation! Love those wacky flamingos and the tropical spin you've put on them. Love your handmade snow and the sentiment in the middle of the snowflake. A very creative make! Thanks for joining us over at the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge.

Janette said...

Love your adorable card, thankyou for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week and good luck in the challenge.x

Eret said...

So cute! Love those flamingos in the tropical snowy scene. Very creative cad! Thank you for sharing it with us at the Sparkle N Sprinkle Monthly Creative Challenge.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Fun and adorable Flamingos and love their winter attire. Great idea for the snow...who doesn't have Styrofoam around the house stored in the closet waiting to be used. Thanks for the tip and joining us at Double Trouble and sharing with our partner at Brown Sugar. Hope you come back and see what Trouble Maker, Double Dare and Twisted Sister have up their sleeve for the next challenge and partnering.

Susan Renshaw said...

Love those flamingos!
Thank you for sharing with Hiding in my Craft Room!
Susan
HIMCR Challenges
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Puppy Kisses and Paper Dreams said...

This makes me laugh! I love your bright colors and your design. Absolutely adorable :) Thanks for sharing with us and playing along at Sparkle N Sprinkle! -Chris,DT

AlisonC said...

Very inventive! There had to be a use for styrofoam. Love the fun look. Thanks for joining in at 52CCT

papercraftingprincess said...

I love these wacky birds...they made me laugh out loud! I can imagine that's what Flamingo's would look like if they were faced with snow! Thanks for joining us at the Double Trouble Papercrafting Challenge.