PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, March 23, 2018

From the Whole Flock

This month I am focusing on birthday cards, and when I saw the sentiment offered at the Scribbles Design Store, I knew I had to use it on my next card. It's called #0168 WP HBFlock ($1.50) and you can find it HERE. I found the cute little bird image, called #F 74 Spring Bird, as a FREEBIE on the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog! 
After coloring my little birdie, I took a photo of her and then used Photoshop to digitally multiply her into a whole flock of little birdies bathing in the sunshine along the beach. The beach is actually at Clearwater, Florida. My son and his family live in Florida now and my DIL takes the loveliest photos, so I made it into background scenery for my card.
I cut this out and placed it onto some rainbow patterned paper from Decosse's Dynamite Doodles (Sea patterned paper from “Chasing Rainbows” Paper Kit), I  framed each of these with Decosse's Textured Paper #2 from “Mommie Dearest” Paper Kit and Gold paper from “A Grungy Christmas” paper kit.
I embellished simply with some shimmery ric rac and a few tear-shaped jewels. I thought the waves could use a little shine as well, so I used Diamond Stickles to "catch" the sun's light.Of course, I couldn't help but ink the edges of most of my papers, too. I love ink...

Challenges I am Entering:
2 Crafty Critter Crazies - Anything w/a critter goes
Always Happy Birthday - Anything Birthday Goes w/optional pp
Animal Friends - Spring (must have animal)
Crafty Animals - Anything Goes

  



No comments: