PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, January 18, 2016

Prosperity Fairy Promises a Good Year

Today I created a wall hanging for my house. It's a mixed media on wood that I call The Prosperity Fairy. She is my reminder to keep hope alive and believe in good things to come this year.
We ended 2015 very poorly, and yet we had a wonderful Christmas with family, my sister got married, my grandson started talking babbling to me online (he's only 4 months), and my boss made an offer which, while dropping hours, allowed me to keep the family insurance. On the down side, my husband came home and let me know that he had been let go!
So 2015 went out with a balance of good and bad, stress and the power of love. My artwork will be a constant reminder that life is a balancing act of good times and bad, pain and peace, sadness and joy. Without that bit of adversity in our lives, we could not appreciate the prosperity headed our way.
So I will hang my Prosperity Fairy in my bedroom, so that I can go to sleep under her watchful eye, as well as waken to her promise to come.
How do you balance your life between the good times and the bad? The Path of Positivity challenge blog offers the theme of Prosperity this month to all crafters. Carve out some time to create and then link up at the challenge blog for your chances to win prizes from the guest sponsors, The Stamping Boutique and Limited Runs. My artwork uses a digi image from the Stamping Boutique called I Love you This Much Cynthia Fairy.
Challenges I Am Entering:
Not Just Cards - Anything Goes
Sparkle n Sprinkle - Anything Goes w/loose glitter (around the edge of my wooden frame)
That Craft Place - Anything Goes
Crafty Time challenges - Make It Sparkly
Rhedd's Creative SPirit - Anything Goes
Creaine challenges - Bingo grid




8 comments:

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

Beautiful job Pat! I loved reading your thoughts as always. I think that we could all use a little prosperity fairy in our life. I hope she works for you. Good luck with balancing things in 2016!

Creaine said...

wow great work! Thanks for joining us at Creaine Challenges.
bye Ine

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is so pretty - what a lovely idea - a prosperity Fairy. Beautiful colors and embellishments. Thanks for joining us over at the Creative Challenge for Sparkle N Sprinkle.

Cindy said...

Pretty card. Love the colors. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Time.

Engelchen said...

A great card.
Thank you for joining us at Creaines Challenge.
Greetings Geesje
http://cheerfulsketcheschallenge.blogspot.nl/

Ditta said...

Beautiful card! Nice that you join the challenge at Creaine.
Regards, Ditta DT

Sandra Wright. said...

Such a sweet wall hanging...loving all the embellishing.
Thank you for joining in with our challenge over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit...xx

Nicola Jayne Saul said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at That Craft Place, Nicola X