PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Get Well Cards Make Everyone Feel Better

When I am sick or in hospital, it always makes me feel better to receive a card from a friend. I have two friends in need of some cheering up. Both of them are volunteers who teach religion at the church where I work. One had a bad fall, and is on the road to recovery (and rehab). The other is a dear friend who suffered a heart attack. Luckily, he knew the signs and symptoms and called 911 immediately, and did not go into cardiac arrest, but he has a lot of recovering to do.

I made this card for my friend who is still in hospital. I love the image and sentiment, but I pulled them from my excess images folder and there was no ID on them, so if anyone can tell me the company who designed this image, I would love to give credit where credit is due.
I decided to make a card with color blocking, adding a few small solid colored circles to the mix. I kept
my embellishments simple, as I will be mailing this card.  A few small adhesive-backed pearls and it's complete. It is a large card, with white cardstock lining the inside of it for greetings and signatures of volunteers who teach with him in our RE program. Our first meeting is tonight, and they'll all get to sign the card and wish him well.
The second card uses a Squigglefly September release called "Hurt Bunny Sling" by artist Fawn Palmer. I took the card front from the original A2-sized card I made in order to create a large enough card for all the people who will be signing it and wishing him well. The sentiment comes with the Squigglefly image.
Inside both cards is the sentiment, "Feel Better!"
And that's what I wish both of my friends--feel better quickly, we miss you, Gregg and Mickey!

2 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Fun get well cards! I love both the images but that new bunny image from Squigglefly is so precious. Great cards Pat! Hugz!

Holly Young said...

Both of your cards are really cute. I do love the bunny card with the little butterflies! I hope your friends recover quickly!