I used to be a Girl Scout, and later became a Girl Scout (as well as Cub Scout Den) Leader. As scouts, we are taught to leave things in better shape than when we arrived. I grew up determined to make the world a better place, and since I'm a crafty type of person, to me that means making beautiful things, even if nobody cares.
So this Pickled Potpourri digi image with its awesome sentiment fit perfectly with, well, anything I could create.
So I altered a bedside tray. I snagged the tray at the thrift store for a buck and painted the top with acrylic paints. I scanned a water color painting I did last month before I printed the image onto it. After that, I Mod-Podged it onto my tray. Then the fun began!
I added flowers and sequins, a cool border on each side and some Washi tape across the bottom. I left the rest of the tray as is, which was gently distressed.
So here's my project, an altered tray, and I had a blast making it with acrylics, water colors, Mod Podge, flowers, sequins, and Washi tape. Here's the watermarked image from Pickled Potpourri:
Do you like to make beautiful things? Make something, photograph something, write something, with a theme of determination, and link it to the Path of Positivity Challenge blog for your chance for some awesome prizes from our guest sponsor, Pickled Potpourri, as well as monthly sponsors Ike's Art, Creative Bug Designs and Decosse's Dynamite Doodles.
The sponsors and prizes for this challenge are:
- A prize package of a $7 gift certificate to the Pickled Potpourri Designs store (good for any digital product), from our guest sponsors this month, for the post or project that the DT deems most inspiring of the bunch.
- Three digital images from Ike's Art for a person chosen in a random draw based on all entrants.
- One digital image from Creative Bug Digital Stamps for each person chosen as a DT Delight.
- One digital designer paper (made to order in a few different ways) from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles for one lucky voter who leaves a comment.
- One digital sentiment for every single person who enters the challenge.
Now that's a LOT of prizes you could win, so craft, paint, photograph or write about your take on the theme of DETERMINATION and LINK UP for your chance to win!!