PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Finally, Time to Scrapbook

I finally got time to scrapbook, and got some photos printed as well! I made two pages of our recent adventures at Great America. My sister's company has their annual picnic once a summer there, and Wendy & I met up with her to enjoy a day of rides, sunshine and a buffet lunch.
I made a journal box from a leftover frame from a kit, part of an index card and words from the amusement park brochure that named all the "lands" to discover.
We had our photo taken on a water ride, and famous celebrities posed with us along our journey!
Of course, I'm never one to pass up a photo opp, and we were treated like royalty during our day. Since we ate the Funnel Cake faster than I could photograph it, I had to cut a picture out of same brochure. After all, that's the biggest reason we all went there in the first place!

Later in the day we relaxed on the carousel (several times). More journaling completes my layout and I am very happy with two pages in August. Normally I wait until I go to an all-day crop, but I had the time (snuck into the craft room and locked myself in), so am very proud to say I scrapped our day together within the same month we went!

Hope you get the opportunity to do a little crafting yourselves. Until next time, happy crafting!

No comments: