PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Behold Wonder

I have been following a wonderful journaling blog by Lisa Sonora.  She offers 30 Day journaling prompts, and I have been posting my thoughts on my facebook page.  Since the beginning, I have been journaling through words, but one of the newest prompts caused me to switch to canvas.
The prompt that inspired this canvas is "Overcome fear, behold wonder" by Richard Bach.  There is no wonder (in my mind) than that a child.  As we mature, it is harder and harder to experience wonder, that first sight or touch or smell of something amazing.
In order to guide yourself to the opportunity for wonder, you must overcome fear and experience new and amazing adventures.  Travel, experiment, look up at the skies, look down at the growing things, look toward what the children see.  Wonder is everywhere, if only you open your eyes and your heart to it.
I started my canvas with a base of different shades of tissue papers and matte medium.  After stamping some contrat onto my base, I adhered a Squigglefly colored digi image from artist Inger Harding from her Winter Wonderland collection.  The words Behold Wonder are cardstock stickers from Basic Grey which I outlined in white gel pen.  I embellished the canvas with lines of pearls, some trim and snowflakes.
I joined a mixed media group on Paper Digital Art called Get Your Art On.  It's relatively new and the first challenge slowly eases artists into the mixed media genre.  It requires a canvas, tissue paper, ModPodge or other sticky medium, a stamped (or digi) image and embellishments of your choice.  I plan to experience new techniques and adventure out into the creative unknown in this group.  I plan to expand my opportunities to feel wonder.  I plan to create with wonder and behold wonder!
Want to join me?

3 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Very cool! Love that the inspiration is to overcome fear - it so stops us from doing many wonderful things and totally enjoying life! Great creation! Hugz!

Holly Young said...

Beautiful. Love the background you created! I have to tell you my husband walked into my craft room the other day and pointed to the Christmas creation you sent to me and said "this is really wonderful! Did you do this?" I had to tell him I didn't and that you had sent it to me. He isn't easily impressed!

Pat said...

I am so happy that you like it! It really made me feel good not just to make it to showcase the lovely images that SQ offers but to be able to return in small part some token of my gratitude to you for believing in me and my creativity.