PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Dark Side of Crafting

I just discovered a great blog connected to the talented artist Rick St. Dennis called Airless Chambers, and they offer monthly challenges!!  This makes me happy that I again have a creative outlet for the darker side of my crafting and card making! I love the images he creates so I jumped on the challenge and came up with this card.

The challenge in June is to create ANYTHING BUT SQUARE and no sharp corners .  
So I created a rectangular card and after adding a couple layers to the base, I used this great black and white hounds' tooth tissue paper and ripped & adhered it to a black mat.

I colored my image, called Voodoo Skull Man, (a freebie for those who wish to join in the June challenge) with my trusty Copics, tore him out of his cardstock cage, and distressed the torn edges with Tim Holtz inks.

The sentiment is actually a magnet from off my refrigerator (shh, don't tell my granddaughter, who loves making sentences with the whole collection).

I embellished the card with inked edges, a black ribbon and flower, and a fun crop of feathers.  Uh oh, I think my granddaughter has caught on--that must be why he's running.  Run, Skull Man, before she catches you!  LOL

Wanna play?  Get over to Airless Chambers and snag your freebie and create!  And as always, have fun!!

5 comments:

~Lady B~ said...

Fabulous colouring and embellishments! I really love the colourful distressing around the Voodoo Skull Man. A Super fun card!

Thanks for playing along with the June Freebie Challenge!
~Lady Brayton, Airless Chambers EDT

Rick said...

Thanks for your entry at AIrless Chambers

Monique's art said...

Awesome card great colours used and love the embellies

Thanks for sharing at airless chambers

Monique

Rsd edt

Creepy Glowbugg said...

So glad you found us Airless Chambers! Your project is great!

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

This is so much fun and what are the littlies for, if not to "borrow from" once in a while. Thank you for joining in the fun this month with RSD