PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Pretty in Pink


April is quickly winding down, and before you know it, Mother's Day will be here!  So I made a Mom's Day card for my own mom, who turned 80 at the end of March.

I colored a QKD April release called "Just Breathe"  by artist   Nora Blansett.  I used my trusty Copics and a Sakura twinkle gel pen.  I then framed it in dark gray, popped it onto some leftover patterned paper, then framed that in grey again.

I had some leftover patterned paper with the word mom printed out in several variations, which worked perfectly with my image.  Do you color an image and then search for coordinating papers and embellishments?  Or do you find some paper and embellies and then color the image to coordinate with them?  I used to color a bunch of images, then hunt for an hour to match them up with papers, etc.  Now it's much easier to find my paper and then color the images.

I used a lovely handmade flower I received from my crafting friend, Shannon.  Other embellies include the lace, sequins, ribbon rose and jewel.  To finish off my card, I inked the edges.  I hope you like this look!

And if you like Nora's image, you can find it and many others in the SHOPPE.  Need some inspiration?  Check out the QKD Facebook page!!

No comments: