PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Making Lists

Are you a list maker?  I am!  I like to cross off the things I've listed on my to-do list.  I like to make sure I get everything on my grocery list when I go shopping.  I  like to know what I've got stashed in my closet during those last few shopping days before Christmas.
I love lists!!  And I get tired of having to buy pretty little books to keep my lists in, so I made a few this week and wanted to show them off.

The first notebook I made uses a Queen Kat Designs April release from artist Sandra Caldwell.  It's called "Four-Eyed Flower.  I colored it with Copics and, after making the "cover" from patterned paper, I fussy-cut the image and popped it onto the front flap.

Here's the inside:

I didn't do much to the inside.  I just added a few stickers and some gold lace border.

The next notebook I made is for a challenge from my Yahoo group, Your Scrapbook Place.  Every day this month, we receive a new challenge and have 24 hours to finish and post a photo of our projects.

This challenge was to make a special notebook called Purse Papers.  There is a tutorial on Split Coast Stampers with instructions and a template, if you click on the link.



Anyway, I tweaked the instructions a bit.  Instead of stamping on white cardstock, I used double-sided patterned paper.  My booklet opens the opposite direction, too.  But I like what I created!

Please don't laugh at my Christmas theme!  I just happened to have the paper in front of me.  And the box of Christmas embellies was just an arm's length away.

The booklet stays closed with the help of the ribbon. tied into a nice neat bow.  I added some die-cut pine trees and the sentiment sticker.  To really get into the whole winter thing, I used white acrylic paint for some snow effects.

When opened, a pretty pocket holds some sheets of paper, decorated with a (of course) Christmas-themed stamp.  I inked the edges and added a few candy cane hearts.

So I am in notebook heaven, ready to make more lists, and cross items off of them.  I should save up all my old lists and place them in a time capsule.  It would certainly showcase how I have lived my life!!

No comments: