PagesPat's Ponderings

Saturday, November 5, 2011

QKD Challenge on Facebook

Queen Kat Designs is celebrating its fifth birthday with a 19 day celebration on Facebook.  They are challenging crafters each Friday during their calelbration.  Their first challenge is to climb out of your comfort zone, (and in fact, get out of your craft room), by using a non -crafting item on your card-look in the kitchen, in your backyard, raid hubby's tool box!
Well, I like a fun challenge, so I went on a scavenger hunt, and came up with those white twistie-ties that you get with new small kitchen appliances (I found mine in the box holding my electric frying pan).  They work just like crafter's wire, but are fatter, and so make a bolder statement.  I used these as both embellishments and as a sort of stamp, applying black ink to them and pressing onto textured cardstock.  I adhered this piece of cardstock onto a base of striped patterned paper, on which I used black lace to cover the bottom half.   My QKD image, called " ", is colored with Copics and shimmered with black Stickles.  Some ribbon and a flower adorn the card, as well as my twistie ties.

No comments: