PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, November 28, 2011

Angels We Have Seen on High

Here's another project using a Crafter's Companion Stamp Set.  Check out the Crafter's Companion Challenge Blog today as they are featuring my project as their guest designer for November.  Their challenge this minth is to make a project that celebrates a holiday, any holiday!
 
I am just now realizing that there isn’t a lot of time left before Christmas, thinking in crafting terms!  So today I made an ornament using an image from the Flower Fairies collection of stamp sets called Christmas Tree.  I love how the fairy is looking down on all the Christmas love gathered together under one roof.  I have the whole family over for Christmas dinner every year, gathering around a table laden with holiday goodies.  I plan on making a couple of these ornaments to hang from the suspended ceiling tiles, all around the room.
I made the ornament from…
wait for it…
toilet paper rolls! 
I saw a tutorial HERE and couldn’t wait to try it with my Christmas Fairy.  First I folded four rolls in half, and then I stapled them to form a circle, and added a little white paint, inside and out.  After applying a second coat, and while the paint was still wet, I sprinkled Stampin Up’s Dazzling Diamonds glitter onto the ornament (you can’t see the glittery effect in the photo, but it presents well in person).
Meanwhile, I colored my fairy with Copics, adding a little Stickles and Liquid Glass for some added shine.  By then the ornament was dry and I could add jewels to each rounded end, as well as a couple diecut snowflakes.  I added my CC image to the front, and tied a piece of lace to the top from which to hang my ornament.
I had fun being November’s Guest Designer  at Crafter’s Companion, and want to thank them for giving me the opportunity to show off my creativity on their blog.  Don’t forget Crafter’s Companion when it comes to your Christmas wish list!