PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

It's Time to PAR-TAY with the Queen Kat Designs Blog Hop

Happy Birthday, Queen Kat Designs!  And to kick off the 19 day celebration, you are on your way along the Royal Court Blog Hop!!  I hope all my crafting friends can visit today, leave a little love and check out what everyone else is up to on this first day of parties, prizes, inspiration and fun.
I made a special birthday easel card with QKD's Birthday Set by Lisa Cree.  Easel cards are my newest fave card to make, because they are so simple to create, and they make a pretty presentation.  I love that, with the card closed, you can place the first part of a two-part sentiment, and then the recipient can't read the second part until you open the card and stand it up.
I colored my images with Copics, and placed some google eyes on the birthday boy.  You can't tell from the poto, but I used Liquid Glass, as well as Stickles to add some shine to the balloon and the cake.  How about that cake?!  The frostings are banana, strawberry and vanilla.  My sugar levels are already rising, just thinking about that sweet treat!
Now you can hop on over to JAN'S BLOG for another treat.  AND don't forget to attend the main event on FACEBOOK, where all the goodies will be given out!  There will be Challenges with Prizes, Daily Giveaways, Contests, a Sweepstakes Giveaway and LOTS MORE!!
Come and celebrate with QKD and our fabulous artists. There's NO set time to come. It's all online! Come in your jammies, bring your hot chocolate and get ready for 19 days of fun!!
If you lose yourself in the blog, go back to the QKD Blog for the blog order and links!  Have fun and happy crafting!

2 comments:

StampingbugKerry said...

I'm HERE To PAR-TAY! I brought my Horn with me too! :)

Love the little guy on your card! Kerry

Scrappers' Ranch said...

Hey Pat

I love making easel cards too! I love these stamps,you did a great job creating this card
TFS
Bonnie C
http://ascrapabove.blogspot.com
ascrapabove at aol dot com