PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Technique for me

I do not like round cards. I never could figure out how to decorate and embellish it. But since learning and trying out new things this year is high on my list of goals for 2010, and since one of my yahoo groups are hosting a swap of shaped cards, I thought I'd bite the bullet and try it on for size.
And you know what, I like what I made! I even thought of making a few extra, but the papers and embellishments are all used up. I used paper Studio 3D stickers, a few adhesive backed jewels, and papers from Hobby Lobbly. Oh, and the white paper doily put a nice scalloped spin on it. The sentiment reads: "Always maintain a kind of summer even in the middle of winter."
I stamped the envies with a set of Basic Grey acrylic stamps, and cut additional paper for the inside of the card. A few more jewels and some inking around the edges and voila! a round card made by mwah!

2 comments:

Create With Joy said...

This is a really cute card Pat - I like both the design and the sentiment! Who is the stamp by (with the sentiment?) I may have to try doing a round card or two myself this year - I like the ones I've seen, just haven't thought to try one before! :-)

Ramona :-)
http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

Sparkplug17 said...

What a darling card!