PagesPat's Ponderings

Saturday, December 5, 2020

Day 5 DIY Holiday Decor and Crafting - At-Hand Gifts

 Sometimes a friend or neighbor pops by with a gift for the holidays for you, and you're caught without something to give to them. It's happened to me, so now I'm always prepared with a half dozen small gifts that are handmade, personal yet can be given in the spur of the moment (or in the nick of time).

Here's something I found on Pinterest that is easy and makes a nice presentation (and really impresses a family with kids). I bought several Betty Crocker whisks from the local Dollar store and a hefty-sized bag of chocolate Kisses. I had some leftover cellophane bags and I was ready to "assemble" my gifts.

When I put the kisses inside the whisks, they all fell out, so I made sure to place the whisk inside the cello bag first; then holding the bag against the whisk, I filled the inside of it with kisses and wrapped a bit of twine around the whisk handle. The tags read: We whisk you a Merry Christmas". I made them from a digital paper from Decosse's Dynamite Doodles called Tree from her December "12 Months of Christmas" giveaway on her blog. I love her creative papers and if you make your own holiday cards, you can receive a free paper each month by entering 2 cards a the 12 Months of Christmas Challenge Blog. You may even win guest sponsors' prizes if you follow the optional monthly theme.

Another gift to have on hand is a cup of warm cheer, family-style. I had a few over-sized mugs leftover from a previous holiday event and I filled them up with packets of hot chocolate. I added sprigs of evergreens and a small ornament before bagging and tagging them. The tags read: May your home be warm with Holiday cheer and Peace abide throughout the year". It's a misquote from a Stampin Up rubber stamp, one I've used very often!

Stay healthy and craft, all! Until tomorrow...
Challenges I am Entering:
C.R.A.F.T. - Christmas Present




2 comments:

Martina said...

These are great gifts for Christmas. You did very well and at the same time inspired others. Thank you for joining the CCAYR call. I hope you will take part in our next call. Martina - DT

Doris Klein said...

Oh wow.. what a cool and nice idea! Great...

Thanks for playing along with our current challenge at C.R.A.F.T. Challenge and good luck!

Hugs and please come back soon!
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*List Manager* Challenges for Days
*GDT* C.R.A.F.T. Challenge
*GDT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2