PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, October 21, 2019

It Takes Courage to Walk the Path

When was the last  time you tried something new? I mean, really stepped out of your comfort zone? It takes courage to take risks. Then again, if you never challenge yourself, you may miss the thrill, the empowerment, the satisfaction of trying something new. It could be a new crafting technique, travel, a new relationship, or going back to school.
Courage is the optional Twist at the Path of Positivity challenge blog. I created this card using an image from one of this month's guest sponsors, Beccy's Place. It's called Nell on a Bicycle. And like Nell, I've started riding my bike again around the neighborhood (minus the bare feet and pearls). It feels great - fresh air, exercise and talking with neighbors.
I also tried a new (to me) fun fold while creating my card. I cut my cardstock into a triangle and then measured out the card size, folding one point down and the other point in.
I added patterned paper to each "half". After coloring Nell with Copics (shown below), I adhered her to the top half of my card so that it would swing up easily. I also added a couple fun phrases and some adhesive-backed pearls. I wrapped a piece of cardstock around the card to keep it closed.
The sentiment inside describes Nell to a "T".
My girlfriend's birthday is coming up soon. Nell could be her twin in spirit, because that girl is Sassy, classy and still kickin' assie. She is always ready for adventure outside of her comfort zone.
The Twist this month at the Path of Positivity is for inspiration and fun. As  long as projects are encouraging, inspiring or positive, they all qualify for this month's prizes:

  • A $10.00AU gift certificate to Beccy's Place for the person chosen in a random draw based on all qualifying entrants.
  • ONE image (value of $5 or less) from Scribbles Designs, for the post or project that the team deems most inspiring of the bunch based on all qualifying entrants.
  • One digital image from Creative Bug Digital SnapShots for each person chosen as a DT Delight.

    Good luck and happy crafting!

1 comment:

ScrappyHorses said...

Love everything about your card from the fun sentiment and papers to your focal image! Such a great fold idea, too. It's so easy to get stuck in a rut and in our comfort zones. It's fun to venture out and try something new!