But today I write about faith. Those of you who have been reading my posts know that I have been in fear of losing my job of 15 years. Although my relationships with staff and teachers is comfortable, although I have skills that would best serve the program, I was positive that the powers that be would choose my co-worker over me for purely financial reasons. My faith in the church was in jeopardy.
However, last week I met with my pastor, my new boss and the business manager and was completely blindsided when they offered me a new job description that met my needs. The hours are the bare minimum needed to be benefits eligible. I wanted less work hours but the ability to carry insurance for my family, and they gave me what I prayed for!
So, today I am grateful for my job, where there are people I care for and the insurance and benefits I need to carry me through to retirement. My faith in people and life in general has been restored, and hopefully strengthened.
Meanwhile, you have until the end of the month to create a project that reflects the theme of Thankfulness. Now let's take a look at the pries offered by Kitten Scraps and Scribbles Designs:
- A prize package from Kitten Scraps for the post or project that the DT deems most inspiring of the bunch.
- A $10 gift certificate from Scribbles Designs, one of our guest sponsors this month, for a person chosen in a random draw based on all entrants.
- One digital image from Creative Bug Digital SnapShots for each person chosen as a DT Delight.
- A small selection of digital designer papers from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles for one lucky person who leaves a comment on posts published during the challenge time frame.
- One digital sentiment for every single person who enters the challenge.