PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Happiness is Wilson

Stop the world - I just bought a dog! Since I was three years old, I have been afraid of dogs. Pair that with allergies to all cats and most dogs, and you have fish for pets. Then I met a girlfriend who owned a big black lab. Her name is Maggie and she led me a merry chase toward comfort in the company of canines.
Many "friends with pets" later, I started leaning toward my daughter's yearnings for a dog, and so began the search for the perfect pet.  Just surfing the websites and watching cute animal videos--at first. The main hold-back was my husband. Meanwhile, I was ruthlessly cleaning out the house to make room for a new family member.
Earlier this month, hubby gave the thumbs up, and we started checking out rescue shelters in earnest. And Saturday, we met Wilson, a nine year old Silkie Terrier who stole our hearts. We took him home, of course.
Christmas came early to the Martin house, and for that I am so thankful!

1 comment:

ike said...

Oh, how wonderful :-D Wilson is really cute and I am so glad you got a rescue furry. I hope he will be very happy in his new home and that he gives you all masses of joy :-D

Hugz
IKE xxx

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog