PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

QKD + Tim Holtz' Techniques = A Stunning Tag


I was playing with some new Tim Holtz supplies I received from crafting friends on my crafting Yahoo group,  Your Scrapbook Place.  I thought I could make something that would make a great venue for this QKD image by artist Kathy Cyr.  It's called "New Dress" and is so versatile for all kinds of cards!  As you can see, I used her to make a tag.

I colored her with my trusty Copics, in addition to a set of Black Spectrum Noir markers.  I Stickled her hair to put a little edge on her soft look.  She is available at the QKD Shoppe as a new May release, along with several other artists' images.  Did you hear?  QKD has expanded their line to include digi's as well as rubber!!  Now they offer the best of both worlds!  And do you know what's so great about Queen Kat Designs' stamps and digi's?  They are a perfect fit for crafters who love Tim Holtz' style!!  Go check out all the wonderful images at the Shoppe today!

The tag is full of Tim's amazing techniques--distress inks, collage design, embossed base, etc--and was so much fun to play with.  You can go to Pinterest and a lot of other sites to see how he makes all the amazing things he does.  I inked an embossed tag as a base, adding some ink-distressed pieces of stamped images from the Tim Holtz line and popping them onto the tag.  Besides the lace, twine and gold charm, I used a metal embellishment to attach a wired bead onto the clock face, and added an Ideaology that reads "live the life you've imagined."

And do you know what's so great about Queen Kat Designs' stamps and digi's?  They are a perfect fit for crafters who love sTom Holtz' style!!  Go check out all the wonderful images at the Shoppe today!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Love your TH tag! He's my fave!