I really am trying to push SPRING the last few weeks because in the Chicagoland area, it's just not happening. Although the weather is finally shifting to a more normal pattern and the temps are s-l-o-w-l-y climbing up, so there is hope for us.
So, today I made a pretty Springtime card in shades of pink. I used a brand spankin' new May DIGI release (that's right, a DIGI from QKD) called New Dress by Kathy Cyr.
I had a handful of leftover pieces of patterned papers in shades of pink, so I ran with it and ended up with this card. I love the yellow butterfly playing peekaboo and adding just a pop of color.
You can find New Dress at the QKD Shoppe, along with lots of rubber and digi's! Have fun!
And while you're having it, ask yourself if you've ever considered becoming a design team member for QKD. There is a Royal DT call going on right now:
Queen Kat Designs Stamp Co. (www.katstamps.com) announces its latest search for loyal, dedicated and excited Royal Court members! You must be a STAMPER and card maker to apply. We are a stamp manufacturer that makes laser etched rubber stamps and digital stamps. We are looking for people who LOVE to stamp and can do so on a deadline with a smile!
Term Dates: June 1, 2013-Dec 31, 2013 (7 months)
*Must love to color!*
*Must be willing to try new techniques and use layers and embellishments in your projects.*
*Must be able to do a minimum of 5 projects a month*
*Must be able to blog 1 time a week on your own blog*
*Must be able to blog 1 time a week on our company blog*
*5-6 Hand stamped projects a month (photographs only, you keep your projects)
*1 Blog post a week on your personal blog (using 1 of the cards you made for your monthly quota)
*1 Blog post on the Queen Kat Designs Blog
*Participation on the QKD Facebook Fan page at least once a week (with a sample that you have made)
*Check in on the Court’s private message board at least 3 times a week to make sure you’re up to date
*Must be able to upload your monthly projects once a week to our gallery on Splitcoaststampers.com
Perks of the team:
+Worldwide exposure to your work through our blog and Fan Page
+Free Digital or rubber stamps each month of your term (mostly digital)
+A generous product discount on any stamps and digital stamps we carry
+The Coveted Royal Court Blog Badge
Please see info below and take your time to prepare a well thought out application.
A. Make 3 projects showcasing your best work and blog about them on your blog with a link to the Queen Kat Designs Royal Court Call. (Cards must be new for this call and can use any stamps and products you want. Of course we are partial to QKD stamps but welcome submissions with any stamps.)
B. Email us the link to your blog post to: email@example.com with the following (all in 1 email please!)
C. Include the following information in the body of your email: Your full name, mailing address, phone number, blog or website address, email address. Current bloggers only! This call is open to anyone in the world.
1. Would you say you are primarily a stamper, altered artist, or a scrapbooker?
2. How long have you been stamping/ scrapbooking? What techniques do you like to play with? What are your favorite products? Ie: Distress Inks, Dylusions Sprays, Masks, etc.
3. Have you participated in any other design teams? If so, please explain (guest designer, regular designer, for store, for manufacturer), and if currently on other teams, please list those teams and your commitment. Please list the work load and the length of your commitments as well as names of companies.
4. What is your motivation for participating in our design team?
5. Do you currently own any Queen Kat Designs stamps? If not, why not? (Please be candid)
6. Are you able/ willing to make at least one post per week to promote our products?
7. Are you able/ willing to commit to a 7 month term with QKD at this time? (Yes! We do extend terms if all goes well)
Applications are due by May 17th at 10am MST!
New Royal Court members will be contacted by May 20th via email.
Send everything in 1 email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put Royal Court Call in the Subject Line