PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, September 10, 2012

Eas(el)ing Into Christmas

I have the most festive Squigglefly digi images to show you today!  I couldn't decide which one to use for this week's Squigglefly challenge, so I made an easel card and showcased them both!!
The challenge is to use POLKA DOTS on your card.  I chose to use a piece of polka-dotted patterned paper from my stash.  With my card flat, it measures 6x6 and features Kris Kringle digi image by artist Marla Shega.  I love the depth of this image, and the vintage feel.
When my card is opened and standing on its "easel", you see Three Stockings Waiting by artist Lynne Stansbery, another realistic and beautiful digi image.

I colored both images with my Copics, then used a Sakura glitter pen for that tiny bit of shine that you probably can't see in these photos. I decided to tear my edges for a more distressed look, inking them as well..

 I embellished the top card front with a flower, handmade by my friend Shannon, as well as a crocheted heart from my friend Linda, both very talented artists.  I sprinkled a few red star buttons on the left as well.  Then added some diecut greenery and berries (red brads) to Kris' hat.

For the inside of my card, I just colored my image and framed it with darker cardstock.  Although I did add just a smidgeon of that Sakura gel pen to the candles, and a drop of Stickles to the flames for a little shine.

I think the card is good enough to leave for Santa when he comes around our house this December!  This year we jumped from one grandchild to five grandchildren!!  Our son got married and his new bride has three boys and a daughter!  We are going to have one terrific Christmas morning!!!

Squigglefly Challenge Blog offers weekly challenges, and if you use a Squigglefly digi image, you can be in the running for free digi's!  Click HERE if you need a freebie to start your Squigglefly collection.

And as always, friends, happy crafting!!

14 comments:

Tammy said...

Fantastic! Love the gorgeous image and great background.

Holly Young said...

Wow Pat, this is divine! I have loved that Kris Kringle image since it arrived in the store and you have colored it beautifully. I think you had a brilliant idea to pair it with the stockings image!
What a jump in grandchildren! Your fireplace mantle will be strung with lots and lots of stockings!

Melissa said...

Love that card!

Elizabeth Hart said...

Pat - this is fabulous!! It could be used as Christmas decor during the holidays its so good.

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

So adorable and both those images are great! Hope all is going well on the home front. Hugs, Holley

Linda W. said...

OMGoodness is that easel card the best! I love your eas(el)ing into Christmas Pat! I do have to know how you are doing that particular type of easel card - can't quite get my brain around it so will email you.

Kathy Bradley said...

Pat,
How did I miss your card the first time around when I commented! I love, love your beautiful Christmas card. I used this image last year for many of my Christmas cards and everyone loved the image. Your easel card is an awesome way to showcase both of these beautiful images!! Again, gorgeous card!!

wannabcre8tive said...

Wow, this is awesome. Great coloring.

Lisa Minckler said...

This is exceptionally AMAZING. I love what you've created here. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Fabulous coloring of this Santa image! Love your card!
smiles,Deena

wannabcre8tive said...

Wow, what a beauty of a Christmas card. I love the paper, the layout and the fab image.

Charlene Mitchell said...

Pat - this is just fabulous! I have seen quite a few people work with this image and it's a gorgeous one for sure! Love what you have done with it and it goes beautifully with the stockings. The torn edges is a perfect touch. Love it!

Elizabeth Hart said...

You are right - this is so festive with the old fashioned Santa and those cute stockings. Love it

Lisa Minckler said...

Ohhh just brilliant! I'm jumping up and down over this card. It's ADORABLE. You've certainly inspired me this morning. :)
hugs,
Lisa x