PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Candy War


 Today I have another Halloween card.  I decided to use another stamped image from artist Coriander Shea Detwiler, called Orc.

I like to celebrate halloween in a BIG way, with lots of decorations, handmade cards, special treats, bowlfuls of candy, and hopefully a day off!  So for this card I used a Queen Kat Designs stamp.  I decided to go, well, BIG!  I stamped the image several times and made an army of trick or treaters!!

I found some pieces of leftover patterned papers in my Halloween stash. I used the biggest piece in my background, and tore a piece of stitched paper for the "battle ground".  I fussy-cut the pieces of candy corn to make the "spoils of war".

I colored my Orcs with my Copics, keeping them all in different shades of green.  The sentiment was from a snag in the clearance aisle at Hobby Lobby.

If a homeowner is brave enough to answer their call for candy, I think they'll bring in a great haul of treats, don't you?  Orc by Coriander Shea can be found this month in the QKD SHOPPE. along with more fun Halloween stamps.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Love what you did with the Orcs! They are too cute!

Unknown said...

Don’t you love what you can do with those cute little guys. Great card.