PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Candy War


 Today I have another Halloween card.  I decided to use another stamped image from artist Coriander Shea Detwiler, called Orc.

I like to celebrate halloween in a BIG way, with lots of decorations, handmade cards, special treats, bowlfuls of candy, and hopefully a day off!  So for this card I used a Queen Kat Designs stamp.  I decided to go, well, BIG!  I stamped the image several times and made an army of trick or treaters!!

I found some pieces of leftover patterned papers in my Halloween stash. I used the biggest piece in my background, and tore a piece of stitched paper for the "battle ground".  I fussy-cut the pieces of candy corn to make the "spoils of war".

I colored my Orcs with my Copics, keeping them all in different shades of green.  The sentiment was from a snag in the clearance aisle at Hobby Lobby.

If a homeowner is brave enough to answer their call for candy, I think they'll bring in a great haul of treats, don't you?  Orc by Coriander Shea can be found this month in the QKD SHOPPE. along with more fun Halloween stamps.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Love what you did with the Orcs! They are too cute!

Mommamea's favorite things said...

Don’t you love what you can do with those cute little guys. Great card.