PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I'm Baa-aak!!

No, today is not all about sheep--it's about goats!  Specifically, Goat digi image from Hambo Stamps!  There's a new challenge this week, but before I get to it, I have to brag that I was last week's random winner in their challenge.  I have a wish list thi-i-i-i-i-i-iss long, from which I chose Wee Henry Fishing.  I have a crush on Wee Henry, and love the line from Hambo.
Meanwhile, back to my challenge entry.  Their challenge is to recycle, reduce, reuse- (which is my crafting goal for 2012)!  My card uses all leftover papers from previous projects (reduce), a swirl clip from another project (reuse) AND part of a manilla file folder as a frame around my Copic-colored image (recycle). 

Goat digi image comes with three sentiments.  I chose: "Happy Birthday!" and on the inside: "From one old goat to another..."

I had fun coloring and shining up the birthday boy, and as you can see, I love to ink!  I inked the edges of each piece of paper, as well as the edges of my card base. 

I also love the color combo of brown and blue.  What's your fave color combo?  Tell me in the comments section below and I will send one random person this card.

Here are the materials I used to make it:
Copic markers, CTMH Ink, Cat's Eye Inks, Duck Tape Runner, leftover manilla folder, Creative memories self-healing pad and my paper trimmer.  Oh, plus a clip from the clearance table at Staples!!

Now get your dancin' shoes on and come join the fun at the Hambo Hoedown!!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Love your goat card! My fav combo is brown and yellow. At least it is at the moment!

Anonymous said...

That's sooooo cute! Congrats on winning last week's challenge. I adore ALL of Hambo's images. My fave color combo is brown and pink!

Beverly said...

Love your idea of using those recycled images, especially the manilla folder. Great card! Thanks for joining us at the Hoedown... and congrats on last week's win!

Holly Young said...

What a cute card and I love the sentiment! Really great how you did his nose and the little metal things on his overalls.

Deborah Anton said...

Wonderful use of recycled items! Thank you for playing the hoedown!