PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Beauty is in the Eyes of the Beholder

...and aren't some of us lucky?  I still marvel that my husband thought I was beautiful when we first met.  Sometimes we are also our own harshest judges of beauty, talent, intelligence and worth.  We need to cut oiurselves as much slack as we cut our friends, family, sometimes complete strangers!
So saying, let me introduce you to the Queen of Frogs, a Queen Kat Designs stamp by artist Sandra Caldwell.  This image is just released this month.  I knew there'd be something special this month from QKD.  After all, it's my birthday month!
I colored my Queenly Frog with my trusty Copics, and then very carefully fussy-cut her out, then framed her against some basic grey patterned paper that was in my stash drawer.
In fact, all papers used on this card are from previous projects, as I am extending my "going green project through Earth Day, April 22.
I printed the quote from thequotegarden.com
It reads. "Beauty, to me, is about being comfortable in your own skin.  That, and a kick-ass red lipstick."  I love Gwynneth Paltrow, don't you?!
I colored six Queen of Frogs and can't wait to show you the cards and projects I'm making with them.  So check back here often.  And if you want to color your own, she is available at the QKD SHOPPE.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Your Frog Queen is great!

Carol L said...

Great card Pat!

Sandra Caldwell said...

Hello Pat...Wow ...your card is Amazing...Thanks for making me look so good " In the Eye of the Beholder"
Very nice verse also...Over all...I really love it !
I will be posting it on my blog and love for you to drop by my blog for some FREE digi doodles sometime for you to play with...or you can join in my Challenges.
Thanks again
Sandra Caldwell

Pat said...

wow, thanks for the compliments. means a lot coming from the designer! By all means, I will take a look at your blog. I had snagged the two bunnies image but haven't been able to take time to create with it yet.