PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

QKD is Celebrating Halloween Early


Corset by QKD
 I have had this Queen Kat rubber stamp for a few months now, and have never used it due to lack of imagination (on my part).  I couldn't think of a way to use "Corset" by QKD on a card or layout...until now! QKD just posted a Halloween theme this week on Facebook, and my muse whispered in my ear "use the corset", so here is my card.
I stamped the image on patterned paper, then added more color with Copics: YG03,67; N3 & 100 (black). I glitzed up the corset with adhesive-backed jewels and black Srickles.
I decided to frame in on newsprint which had been diecut and inked, then on a couple blocks of cardstock.  Black Skittles and a button finish off the embellishments for the image (the one at the top spells out Magic).
I printed the sentiment from Word and prettified it with a black flower.  And now the last of my unused QKD stamps have been welcomed into the fold of gently stained, highly loved favorites.
Do you Facebook?  Check out all the lovely cards and projects HERE.

No comments: