PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, September 5, 2011

Color Challenge at Squigglefly

This week's challenge at Squigglefly Challenge Blog is a color combo challenge of BLUE & GREEN.  I chose to use the digi image "Surprise from Sara" as my focal point.  I used blue cardstock for my card base, and cut a piece of  scenic patterned paper for the background.  The sun's trailing rainbow inspired me to use fibers and ribbon as I've never used them before, as part of the scene, not as an embellishment.  I haven't yet decided if I like this technique or not.
I used a leftover piece of patterned paper for the rolling hill on which Sara stands in the sunshine, and used Baby Blue Stickles to accent the clouds, smudging the lines a bit.  I cut the tiny butterfly out of a portion of the patterned paper I wasn't using.
I colored my digi image with Copics: E00, Y17, YG03, B04 & RV04.  I also used Sakura glitter gel pens for a little shine and depth on my scene.
If you like to play with color combos, then head over to the Squigglefly Challenge Blog for this week's challenge!  You don't have to use a Squigglefly image to play, but if you want a chance at the prizes, you need to use them.  If you don't have any, you can start off with a FREEBIE like I did when i first started playing their challenges.
I had fun with Blue and green this week.  I wonder what next week's color combo challenge will be?  Whatever it is, I'm sure to be inspired and challenged.  Enjoy!

3 comments:

Holly Young said...

This is really cute Pat. I like the texture using the fabric gives to the whole card, and the little butterfly is a cute added embellishment!

Marlene said...

It looks fabulous!! Love the fabric! What a crafty idea! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week, even though it was your "relax" week! :)

Stephanie aka Nerdette said...

The torn paper for the hills is such a clever idea. Wonderful work and the rainbow is just too cool.