PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Laughter is the Best Medicine

Sometimes, laughter is the only medicine. So when I heard a friend was in need of some medicine, I created this extended Accordian card for her and filled it with funny quotes and colored images. I "extended" the card by attaching a regular 4.25x5.5 card on the front, so that the sentiment and message are inside and confidential.
Using images from Hambo Stamps, Squigglefly and HouseMouse, I was able to pull sentiments with images for a nice read for my friend.
I colored all aimages with Copics, my ink of choice, and stamped the rubbers with CTMH Black ink.
The setiments and funny quotes are mostly from The Quote Garden.
I love the way the card came together. This is my first accordian card, but it won't be my last! It is versatile, standing open for the receiver to glance at, allowing for more than one line or sentiment but an assortment.
I just know that as much love that went into this project is sent to my friend, and prayers for her as well. You may or may not know my friend, but you know me, at last theough this blog. Please send up a prayer for her and anyone you know who is sick. Thank you!
If you want a tutorial, let me know and I'll make one for you...

4 comments:

Donna Clark said...

Oh Pat your accordian card is lovely and so cleverly put together. I just know our friend will love it! many many prayers going her way.. hugs donna

Linda W. said...

You are so special Pat! Thank you - I will treasure it and take it to the hospital with me as well to help keep those good vibes going! You rock lady - BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!

Barbara said...

It is just perfect..
TFS,
Barb S (FL)

Heather said...

Well done!