PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Spooky Saturday

Cropped last Saturday and really got a lot accomplished. The most difficult pages to layout are the ones using old printed photos from before I got a digital camera. I mean, really old. My kids are 24 and 14, and there are photos of the 24 year old of his first Halloween.

Anyway, the theme for the day was Halloween. I had most of my papers and embellies for Halloween in a couple huge plastic baggies, and had just finished organizing as many photos as I could find. I finished 13 pages, starting from 1986 and finishing with the year 2000. I'm not done, either, plus I'm missing photos as well, but I really feel like I accomplished a major task.
Scrapping those old photos to me is both enervating and gut-wrenching. I haven't touched some select sets of photos because the subject matter is near and dear to me, but on the other hand I'm looking forward to tackling them.
Now if I just didn't work, I could have all the time in the world to make pages and put my photos in their "frames".
And I have been holding onto some of the papers and embellies for so long I wouldn't know where to start to ID them. I'm just happy to have so many photos scrapped in one day.
A few of them had been scrapped already, but then our basement flooded and I lost a bunch of photos and the scrapbook was salvaged, but the pages were going to mold (sewage) so I had to either remove the photos or pull the dry pages out to revamp later.
I wasn't too worried about using all one design of paper either. I just wanted to get the photos ON paper and record some of the events, thoughts and stories that went along with each year.
All this makes me want to rummage through every box of photos i have to see if I can come up with any morte pics of Halloweens past!



No comments: