PagesPat's Ponderings

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Getting Ready for Christmas (Photos)

I just finished a mini album made from one sheet of 12x12 paper, cut and scored so that when folded closed is tied with a ribbon, and when stood open has a multitude of photo frames to fill. I will try to find a tutorial for this, as I made the album awhile ago, and just recovered it for Christmas.
Now for a confession: I did not go out for Black Friday shopping. Which doesn't preclude killer prices on a select few items I bought this weekend:
I hit Michael's on the way home from Thanksgiving dinner at my sister's, and picked up a few 12x12 albums, some photo storage boxes and a Gingerbread house (for my daughter). Total spent: $33.
I let my fingers do the shopping at Amazon on T-Day and picked up two TV series DVD collections, one for each of my boys, for half price. Total spent: $31.
I just got back from Michael's. I used my 50% off coupon, combined with a clearance item and The Hello Kitty Cricut cartridge on sale. Instead of taking 50% off the stamp set I picked up, it took off half of the already reduced price of the Cricut cartridge!!! Total spent: $33.
So this weekend I got killer deals, spent less than $100, and got to spend more time in my craft room than in lines. I call that a very successful Black Friday!

No comments: