PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My Coffee Tree Card



The card on the left is a mix of Stamp Sets. I used the tree from ther Limitless Limbs set from Pink Cat Studios, and the cups, coffee beans and sentiment are from Stampin Up "Espresso Yourself" stamp set.

I colored the image with my Copics, which posed a challenge. I had never used them on glossy paper before and boy howdy is it different! I blinged the images with CTMH Liquid Glass for the "pot" and the beans and Stickles for the cups. I also adhered the cups onto the limbs by first putting the cups flat onto the limbs and using a black fine tip marker to draw in the part of the limbs being covered up. Then I used dimensional dots and lined them up again.

To make the tree seem planted in the coffee cup, I used a swivel blade to cut out the line where the trunk falls into the cup. The sentiment didn't fit into my frame so I cut apart the words and adhered them to fit.

I love the way my camera's flash put the 3D shadows onto the background. My good friend Linda W. sewed some card fronts for me and I used one here to frame the whole thing.

No comments: