PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Peacock Feather Pens - So Cute!

 While shopping at a crystal shop with my daughter this summer, I spied the cashier using a pen decorated with a peacock feather. She offered to let me take a photo of it and I made a few of them to give out as small holiday gifts this year.

I removed the caps and ink cartridges from my pens before spraying them gold. When dry, I used air dry clat to affix the feathers into the pen tops. The tops appeared lumpy, so I would gold crystal-like ribbon around the clay after painting it gold to match the pens. I had more but I gave away a few of them before taking a photo  for the blog. People seem to like them...

The pens were from a Staples clearance sale, and I made sure they all still worked. The peacock feathers were from last year's thrift shop purchase. each pkg of three cost me $1 and held three feathers. I used two feathers on each pen.

I actually sold these at the craft fair in which I participated at the end of summer. I thought they'd make nice little holiday gifts. At the time, I figured if they didn't sell, U could always use them for little gifts as well.