PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, May 8, 2024

A Special Card for a Special Event


 
Between my sister's visit from Germany, decluttering, Spring cleaning, a garage sale and a million other things, I still carved out enough time to create a card for an upcoming wedding I'm attending. I had enough patterned papers left over from "the purge", as well as lace, stickers, and adhesive bling to make this (and many more) card. My paper hoard stack is down to about a foot high now and neatly organized. I found my stickers quickly in the file folder labeled Love & Weddings, and my bins of lace and adhesive pearls and jewels were easily reached in identical bins. However, from design through prep to finished project, it still took me most of the afternoon.
Of course, our dog is on a special meal plan, eating prescription dog food every two hours, which leads to more frequent walks. I also had a video dr. appointment and ran a few errands, but I must say that the time spent creating this card was well spent. I really like the way it turned out. It measures 6x8 inches, fitting into an envelope I rescued from a thrift store find. In fact, except for the paper and stickers, everything else was a thrift find, from the lace to the metallic border.
Here's the inside:



No comments: