PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, March 27, 2023

Turtle-y Awesome


  Since recovering from bronchitis and then getting Norovirus (which I am still recovering from), I haven't had much energy nor inspiration to craft anything. Since drawing and doodling is within reach and requires only pen and paper, I'm running out of blank pages in my art journal. 

Today I not only doodled a sea turtle, but decided to put some color on the page with pencils. My son had a box turtle when he was younger. He named it Michaelangelo (he was a big-time Ninja Turtles fan). We also had fish, mostly guppies and a swordtail fish or two. 

It wasn't until he was grown and my daughter out of high school that we decided to rescue a dog. I had some parameters because I was allergic to most dogs. I was told that some terriers and bischon frise were as hypoallergenic as dogs get. I also stated that we had never trained a puppy before, and our house wasn't big enough for a large dog. We got lucky that a Silkie Terrier was available to adopt, and it didn't take us long to fall in love with him.

Even when we found out he had Lyme Disease and needed to be treated and eat only prescription food, he had already become a part of our family. Wilson was with us only five years, lasting not much longer than my hubby. To help in the grieving process, my daughter and I would make up stories of what Wilson and my husband were doing up in heaven. They were funny and played up their interests and antics.

I decided to write a story about their time "beyond the rainbow bridge" and published it here on my blog. Click HERE for Part 1. Part 2 was published the next day. Click on the links if you want to discover what shenanigans they are up to. It really helped us on days when we missed them so much we were drowning in misery.

Now we have another terrier mix. Her name is Honey, short for Honeycomb, and life is good. She is our emotional support dog. Both Wendy and I suffer from anxiety and she comforts us. We are positive that Wilson sent her to us!

Challenges I am Entering:

Use Your Stuff - Animals (coupled with Double D challenges)
Inspiration Station - Photo (inspired not only by color but imagining a turtle family living in the water)
Kraftin' Kimmie's Stamps - Spring, Circles or Yellow/Green
Beyond the Blue - It's Not Easy Being Green






2 comments:

Donna Walls said...

What a sweet post today, I am going to read up on Wilson and your hubby, they are together for sure! You have created a lovely Zentangle Turtle and your drawing is awesome! Thanks for sharing your project with us at the Inspiration Station Challenge and we look forward to seeing more from you soon.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge

Haven_mom4 said...

Hopefully, you'll recover from your illness soon. Thank you for sharing your amazing turtle with us at Use Your Stuff