PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, October 18, 2021

31 days of Halloween - Edgar Allen Poe Trinket Box

 

I used to love reading Edgar Allen Poe. His stories brought me goosebumps and his life history was so sad. I even wrote a thesis paper for college on Poe and his life and writings (a long, long time ago). So it would be totally natural for me to feature Mr. Poe during this month of macabre celebration.

So today I'm featuring a trinket box I created using a digi image from Fairy Ink. I painted this thrift store box black and then covered it with Halloween-themed scrapbook paper. Adding buttons, skull beads (for the legs), pearls, paper  flowers, and even skeleton limbs, I gave my box something even Mr. Poe would  admire.

And then I left the yellow velvet on the inside of the  box. The lid slide off from back to front. To keep it  intact, I covered the outside with ModPodge before calling it finished. Hope you like it as much as I know Mr. Poe would...
And now for some gruesome giggles to finish of my post...



No comments: