PagesPat's Ponderings

Thursday, January 14, 2021

Trying Something Different


 Last month I received a 2021 calendar from my lawyer. It's the National Day calendar. Every day has a "national celebration" from January 1st through December 31st. Last week there was a "Plastic Straw" Day. I got this crazy idea to get inspired by the different daily celebrations and see how may crafts I can create for those days.

I rummages through my drawers and gathered up all my plastic straws. After all, I should be using paper or metal straws to lessen my ecological footprint. I also emptied (with the help of my daughter) a can of carrots that I found in the back of my pantry. First things first: I hot glued all the straws I could find. To keep my creation from looking like a kindergarten project, I spray  painted my can with Gold paint. Now I have a nice container to place my paint brushes to dry after I wash them.

P.S. (I even cut the creased parts of the straws and glued them to the top for a "rim"). I've got to check out what's next on that calendar. You never know where inspiration will strike...

No comments: