PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Ike's World Challenge Blog Salutes Edgar AllenPoe

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, I took an independent study course on Edgar Allen Poe. My final grade was based on a 30 page paper on the author and poet - his life, his love and his work.
The new challenge at Ike's World Challenge Blog, Celebrating Edgar Allen Poe, fits in perfectly with my educational background AND my love of Ike's Art digis!
I've colored and collaged several digi images from Ike's Art Store to showcase one of my favorite quotes from the author - "Believe nothing you hear and only one-half that you see". My project includes the following:
Pixel Scrappers Melo Vrijhof's Painted Edge Overlay 6; Mischief Circus' 
Krysty's Designs Boring Evening Patterned Paper 13

Do you like the writings of Poe? What's your favorite poem or story? The Tell-tale Heart was one of my favorite stories, and of course The Raven my fave poem. He is the perfect master of Halloween, don't you think? If you've a mind to create with Mr. Poe as your muse, don't forget to link up at Ike's World Challenge Blog for your chance for free goodies from her store! 

Challenges I am Enering:
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper - Anything w/patterned paper Goes
Oddball Art - Happy Horrors



6 comments:

ike said...

Really fantastic - this is such a wonderful piece. FABULOUS !!
Thank you for making this for me at IWC
Hugz
IKE xx

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

This is just awesome. Nice work here. Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT Registered Owners/Admin for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge


PaperPlotterLottas-CraftChaos said...

Exceptional work. Love it.
Thank you so much for joining us at Oddball Art Stamps Blog Challenge. Hope to see you again in the next month.
Hugs, Tina – DT Leader
Oddball Challenge

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Wow. Wonderful project. Love all the collaged images and the sentiment is perfect .. Thanks for playing along with us this month at Oddball Art Stamps Challenge. AJ DT OASC

Penny said...

I can;t say I know much of Poe but your work called out to me, I had to keep scrolling back to you image to look into it more. Great work and thanks for playing in our Oddball Challenge this month. Penny DT

Catie Cuddles said...

How fun.
Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT