PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, June 22, 2015

Look, Up in the Sky-It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's Super Dad!

I made a card for my dad today, to celebrate all that he was when he was still with us. He's been gone for over 20 years, but I still like to give him his due on this June holiday. My dad is my hero, teaching me by example to love words and reading, to keep going especially when things were difficult, and to enjoy the little things in life.
Craft Your Passion has a new Anything Goes challenge starting today, and Bugaboo is the sponsor. I love the images from Jodie at Bugaboo-there's something for everyone, and her new shop looks fabulous!
I colored Super Dad and used up more of my re-discovered papers. I keep them in a box on my desk so that I don't go crazy and pull out the big guns--the 12x12 papers--when I'm creating cards. Besides, they are the papers that time (well, me) forgot, and I have a duty (since I bought them) to use them up before I have my way in any paper aisle at Hobby Lobby or Michael's. (Amen)
So, I used some glossy cardstock for the card base, some checked blue & white paper, and some glitter cardstock to pull the colors together with those I used on my image. I hand-printed my sentiment and tore the Copic-colored background to fit my card, adding a heart brad and a paper clip to embellish.

No comments: