This month the Path of Positivity challenges us to create a project with a serendipitous theme. My mixed media canvas represents my meeting with serendipity when my husband came home and told me in no uncertain terms that he needed to get away from work. With only a moment's notice, I was able to book us on a cruise that got him relaxed and me pregnant--ten years after my one and only pregnancy that gifted us with a son (ten years!).
That serendipitous experience led to my now 19 year old daughter, a crafter, a write, a college student and my best friend.
...and I am just so lucky.
The Path of Positivity is sponsored this month by Sami Stamps:
and Luna Girl:
I got to play with an image from Sami Stamps called Two Smiles. As soon as I saw it, I knew just the serendipitous experience I would write about (I have been blessed with so many).I colored my image with Copics, cut it out, and adhered it to my canvas (already covered with streamers of tissue paper, paint and ModPodge). The hearts represent my love for my daughter. The butterfly is a symbol of her finding her own wings. The many jewels decorating the canvas is for the light she brings to my life.
I gave her this canvas tonight, and she loves it...and I am just so lucky.
Please come join us on our path. You'll see plenty of inspiration and a bit of positivity, and by participating in the challenge, have a chance to win some awesome prizes:
- A $12 gift certificate from Sami Stamps, one of our guest sponsors this month, for the post or project that the DT deems most inspiring of the bunch.
- A $15 gift certificate from Lunagirl, one of our guest sponsors this month, for a person chosen in a random draw based on all entrants.
- One digital image from Creative Bug Digital SnapShots for each person chosen as a DT Delight.
- One digital designer paper (made to order in a couple different ways) from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles for one lucky voter who leaves a comment, and
- One digital sentiment for every single person who enters the challenge.
Other Challenges I am Entering:
As You Like It challenges - Favorite Anything but a Card