PagesPat's Ponderings

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Reindeer Favors with a Favorite Reindeer


I get to host Christmas Dinner every year.  Anywhere from 12 to 25 family members are invited, and sometimes I invite the stray neighbor, cousin, in-law or friend to join in the festivities.
I always try to come up with a cute favor for each person, and this year I decided to run with a favor box of treats showcasing a QKD stamped image called Rudolph Decor from our very own Coriander Shea.
As soon as I stamped and colored this fur ball of fun, I knew I had to glitz up his Christmas lights with Stickles for that added shine that every Christmas begs for.  I fussy-cut the image and popped him onto my plain brown box, after first inking the edges and adding a white Christmas tree border.  I cut this border with my new punch system from CTMH.  Since the embellishments are minimal, I added some ink to the front panel behind Rudolph.
I originally wanted to use just the dark brown raffia to tie up my boxes, but that red and green dash of color works well.  I think my guests will get a kick out of these cute boxes.
For more Christmas fun, check out Coriander's newest releases, as well as all the rest of her awesome stamps, at the QKD Shoppe!!

2 comments:

Linda W. said...

Oh Pat - I'm just loving this idea! So where did you get the box(es)???

Pat said...

They were actually favors at a wedding I attended, repurposed for my Chriustmas dinner guests. I took out the seed packet insode from the wedding, and replaced it with chocolate kisses!