PagesPat's Ponderings

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Crafter's Companion Anything Goes Challenge

I don't know about other parts of the country, but here in the midwest, especially around Chicago, Winter finally made its entrance with pizzazz.  A nice accumulation of glistening snow, enough gusts to cause traffic to crawl, and a severe drop in temps has this crafty girl hiding out in her cozy, warm craft room.
Which is just as well, as I had enough time to create a project with my Crafter's Companion stamps.  I used a stamp set from the "A Little Bit Sketchy Collection" called Faith by Sheena Douglas.  This is one of my favorite sets, and I've used it for so many different projects.
Today I recycled a Dollar Store frame, taking out the glass and adhering some thin cork board material onto the accompanying corrugated cardboard.  Next I covered the cork with patterned paper from DCWV Luxury Stack and cardstock, laying a piece of jute lace across to blend the two papers together.
I stamped the background of my cardstock with snowflake and star clusters stamps, using some Dazzle Versamark ink.  A little dab of Ice Blue Stickles was added for some shine.
Next I stamped the bird on a branch and colored her with my Copics.  I almost made her into a cardinal so I could use my new Spectrum Noir markers (I have the Pinks and Reds so far) but the blue jay was singing to me.
I fussy cut her out and attached her just above the jute border, again using Stickles to let her sparkle.  I finished off my scene by stamping ontpo the carstock in the upper left corner with a coordinating stamp from the same set, coloring it with Copics as well.  The sentiment was stamped on matching cardstock and diecut with my Epic Six and the Labels Four Nestabilities die.
The most time-consuming part of my new message board was putting the jewels and doodads onto the frame!  I used up a whole bottle of Stickles, all my lovely teal-colored Skittles, the last of my snowflake punchies, my daimond dazzle super fine glitter from Stampin Up, and various sequins and jewels.  But you can barely tell that the frame was black, and I think the sparkle is uplifting!
I'm entering it in Crafter's Companion Challenge Blog for their January challenge of Anything Goes.  That's not all!  Starting on Monday they will be giving away a stamp a week to one lucky person who comments on their blog.  So hop on over and check out the inspiration offered there!

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Love the frame!

Stacy H-W said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stacy H-W said...

Hey Pat!! I love your altered art piece!~! (lol) I love Joanna stamps too. This one is especially lovely. Thank you very much for entering our challenge this month at Crafter's Companion USA Challenge Blog. If you didn't enter it wouldn't be a challenge!! Hugs, Stacy H-W

Kathy said...

Hi Pat, love your card.Beautiful colors.Great job. Thank you so much for entering the challenge.

Khristen said...

I always love your creations for the challenge blog, and this one is no exception. So lovely, the colors are perfect and the stamps are awesome. Thanks for joining in at the Crafter's Companion Challenge Blog!

xx
Khristen

Dawnll said...

A really fun project Pat- so glad you could share with us at Crafters Companion.
I really like Joanna Sheen images

AmyT said...

Beautiful project. Love this. Thanks for playing along at the Crafter's Companion Challenge Blog.