PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Feeling Colorful today

Went to see the conclusion of the Harry Potter movies today.  After the movie, I wanted to stay seated and watch it again...and again...and again.  While it didn't follow the last book very well, it was a very nice merging of the series of movies and most loose knots were tied nicely!  I liked it, and will see it again!
Speaking of not following the theme to the T, I made another card using the Mojo Monday Sketch from this week's challenge again.  I turned the sketch sideways and used a Hanglar and Stanglar image.  The I blasted it with color and embellishments.  I don't usually pile oin the embellies, but I felt in an over-the-top mood, so that's where my card landed!
I colored the image with Copics: E00; Y11,15,17; YR02; YG03; B02; RV34 & V000.  I cut it out in a circle with my CM circle cutting system, cutting a second larger one to frame it.  I put it onto a 6x6 piece of Basic grey patterned paper.  The sentiment is a clear sticker that I adhered to green cardstock from my stash.
I used a teal mesh for the vertical and horizontal ornaments, adding a bit of green lace to the vertical stripe.  My H&S image sits atop the horizontal one, which I then embellished with some pillow stickers from Studio 112.  I fancied up my circular frame with adhesive jewels and added a MS grossgrain bow.
I really like the way the card came out, and plan on leaving it on my daughter;s pillow one night while we are vacationing next week at the Dells.  She is 16 going on 30!
You should check out all the lovely cards over at Mojo Monday Challenge blog--a true inspiration!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Great card!
Mel

Tammy said...

Love your card! Great colors and coloring.